Pre-K Registration Through March 15 | Community Spirit
The Houston County School System is registering children for Pre-Kindergarten through Mar. 15, 2013, for the 2013-2014 school year. Any interested parent is encouraged to register their child at the Central Registration office from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Linda Horne, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations, said, “So far approximately 500 children have been registered for Pre-K. We projected that more than 1,300 would register, so we have decided to open registration to any and all instead of asking parents to register their children during an assigned week based on their zoned school.”
Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. Pre-K applicants will be entered into a computer system for a lottery drawing. After registration closes, parents will be notified by mail of acceptance or waiting list status.
Pre-K registration requires the following items:
· Parent/Guardian Photo ID
· Certified Birth Certificate
· Guardianship/Custody Orders if the child does not live with his natural parents
· Lease or Mortgage
· Second Proof of Residency from one of the following:
o Utility bill (electric, water or cable bill)
o Property tax statement or income tax statement
o Automobile registration or insurance
o Mail from any government agency
· Social Security Card
· Ear, Eye and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department; required once accepted into the Pre-K program)
· Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231 (available from a doctor or the Health Department; required once accepted into the Pre-K program)
· proof of eligibility for Medicaid, SSI, TANF, PeachCare, or food stamps, if applicable; and
· agreement to participate in parent workshops and monthly parent activities.
For more information about Central Registration, please visit: http://www.hcbe.net/central-registration.aspx. Central Registration is located in the Bert Rumble Complex at 303 South Davis Drive in Warner Robins. For more information about the Pre-K program, please call the Director of Special Programs, Ron Wilson, at 478-988-6330, ext. 10330.