Georgia National Fair Posts Third-Best Attendance Ever | News
Attendance at this year's Georgia National Fair was the third-best ever.
That's according to a news release, which says 439,931 attended the 22nd annual fair in Perry.
That's despite four partial days of rain.
The news release says the 2011 version of the state-run fair set several records:
- Best Sneak-a-Peek attendance (Oct. 6).
- Best First Friday attendance (Oct. 7).
- Best First Saturday attendance (Oct. 8).
- Second Best Second Saturday (Oct. 15).
- Second Best Second Sunday (Oct. 16).
The Oct. 8 sold-out Blake Shelton concert helped boost attendance.
Next year's fair dates: Oct. 4-14, 2012.