Ten Reasons To Declutter and Organize Your Home BEFORE You Put It On The Market
1. It makes a great first impression on the buyer. Usually that’s all you get.
2. Clutter makes buyers think that the home will need a lot of work.
3. “White” space in closets and drawers as well as on kitchen counters has great appeal.
4. Your treasures may be distracting to buyers. Packing away collections can make your space more attractive.
5. Buyers want to create their own memories in the home. Removing family photos and memorabilia gives the buyers a clean slate.
6. By getting rid of the “noise” in the home you can highlight the house’s strong points.
7. When you clear out excess accessories and furniture, you allow buyers to mentally “move in.”
8. Decluttering and cleaning your home can lead to a more than 400% return on your investment according to Homegain.com.
9. There are fewer things for you to clean and maintain while your house in on the market.
10. You will save time and money by not having to pack, move and unpack unneeded items.
When in doubt, be ruthless with your decluttering. It will pay off in the end!